Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly stealing from Kohl’s
December 31, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 6:21 p.m.: A 32-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 500 block of Country Village Drive on suspicion of petit larceny. According to the man's arrest report, a loss-prevention officer at Kohl's followed him to his vehicle after he'd stolen two pairs of jeans, a sweater and a long-sleeved shirt, and the officer persuaded him to come back into the store. He reportedly left the loss-prevention office abruptly, and the officer wrote down his license plate number. Bail was set at $250.
• 3:10 p.m.: A 35-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 800 block of South Roop Street on suspicion of two counts of disorderly conduct. According to the man's arrest report, another man who didn't know him found him pounding on his home's front door. The second man reportedly retrieved his pistol from the living room and told the first man to stay away. The man who was arrested reportedly wouldn't lower his voice amid the deputy's requests for quiet, and a crowd had gathered outside, expressing concern over the man's loudness and crude language. Total bail was set at $300.
• 2:10 p.m.: A 35-year-old San Jose man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of possession of burglary tools. Also arrested was a 26-year-old San Jose woman, on the same count. According to their arrest reports, a deputy came to the Gold Dust West Casino on a report of possible stolen property. When the deputy entered the pair's room, he reportedly saw numerous boxed electronic devices that remained wrapped. The pair reportedly said they wanted to have their attorneys present. Bail was set at $2,500 for each.
Recommended Stories For You
• 9:17 a.m.: Jake Ruz, 27, was arrested in the 200 block of West Caroline Street on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and trespassing. According to Ruz's arrest report, a deputy went to a hotel on a report of an unwanted subject who'd trespassed there previously. A hotel manager reported that the man had been sleeping in a guest's bed. Ruz reportedly was kicked out of the property Dec. 20 and told never to return. The deputy reportedly saw a methamphetamine pipe near where Ruz was sleeping, then found a bag of a substance resembling methamphetamine while arresting Ruz. Total bail was set at $3,650.
• 12:30 a.m.: A 24-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 800 block of East Musser Street on two failure-to-appear warrants. Total bail was set at $439.
• 12:19 a.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 300 block of North Carson Street on susopicion of battery. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 11:28 p.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 600 block of Hot Springs Road on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Total bail was set at $5,000.
• 9 p.m.: A 30-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 3200 block of East Nye Lane on suspicion of domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,000.
•2:56 a.m.: A 25-year-old Carson City man was arrested at East William and Valley streets on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $311.
• 12:25 p.m.: Denise Lynn Grover, 42, of Carson City was arrested in the 2700 block of North Carson Street on five felony fraudulent-use-of-a-credit-card counts, as well as on a conspiracy warrant. Also arrested was Don Grover, 35, of Carson City, on the same counts. Bail was set at $5,000 for each.
• 3:23 p.m.: Leanne Magnuson, 47, of Carson City was arrested in the 100 block of Corbett Street on a felony possession-of-a-controlled-substance warrant. Bail was set at $2,500.
• 8:10 p.m.: Juan Rodriguez-Diaz, 45, of Carson City was arrested in the 100 block of West Winnie Lane on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. According to Rodriguez-Diaz's arrest report, a deputy saw him riding a bicycle without a front light and recognized him from previous bike-theft reports. The deputy reportedly saw Rodriguez-Diaz drop a methamphetamine pipe in the snow. Total bail was set at $4,500.
• 1:52 p.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 900 block of East Long Street on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as violation of a suspended sentence. According to the man's arrest report, he acknowledged that he had a marijuana pipe in his jacket, and a dispatcher told the arresting deputy that he was on an alternative-sentencing agreement. Total bail was set at $2,000.
• 1:30 p.m.: A 23-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $3,000. Also arrested was a 21-year-old Carson City man, on two violation-of-conditions-of-probation warrants. Total bail was set at $6,000.
• 8:24 p.m.: Jamie Nicole Murphy, 36, of Carson City was arrested in the 100 block of Rice Street on suspicion of DUI-first offense and failure to maintain laine. According to Murphy's arrest report, a caller reported seeing her drive while intoxicated. A deputy went to a bar and found Murphy walking out, and she reportedly walked back into the bar and demanded to know who had called law enforcement. Murphy reportedly said the deputy had no right to stop her and hadn't been drinking, but had a blood-alcohol level of 0.33 percent.
• 11:39 p.m.: A Carson City man was arrested at Woodside Drive and Airport Road on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 10:16 p.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at Columbia and Fairmount ways on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $500.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.