Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested on suspicion of larceny at Smith’s
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 1:45 p.m.: Scott Allen McMaster, 51, of Mesquite was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a fugitive-from-justice warrant out of Minnesota for failing to register as a predatory offender. No bail was set.
• 4:15 p.m.: A 36-year-old South Lake Tahoe woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a failure-to-appear/traffic warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $955.
• 2:05 p.m.: A 25-year-old Dayton woman was arrested at Smith’s on East William Street on suspicion of petit larceny and violation of bail conditions. According to the woman’s arrest report, she left the store with a container of canned air that he hadn’t paid for. She said she didn’t want to speak to the arresting deputy but reportedly told someone on the phone, “They caught me stealing.” The deputy learned the woman was on an alternative-sentencing agreement with an obey-all-laws clause. Total bail was set at $3,250.
• 3:15 p.m.: A 52-year-old Reno woman was arrested in the 100 block of West Telegraph Street on suspicion of public intoxication and obstructing. According to the woman’s arrest report, a deputy responded to the location on a report of a woman passed out in the driver’s-side seat of a car. The deputy reportedly told the woman to call someone to pick her up so she could avoid going to jail, and she cursed at him repeatedly. The deputy reportedly looked at the woman’s phone for recently called numbers in hopes of finding someone to call, and she slapped it out of her hand. Total bail was set at $340.
• 4:38 p.m.: A 22-year-old Sparks woman was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $500. Also arrested was a 27-year-old Stagecoach man, on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $3,000.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.