Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Transient arrested on suspicion of DUI
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A woman described as a transient was arrested on a first-offense DUI count at U.S. Highway 50 East and Lompa Lane at 1:54 a.m. Shewas also was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended driver’s license. She was held without bail because of a hold by Parole and Probation agents.
• A 29-year-old Carson man was booked on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant at 1:54 a.m. Bail was set at $500.
• A 23-year-old Carson man was arrested at an apartment in the 2800 block of Menlo Drive at 7:36 a.m. on a contempt-of-court warrant issued by Carson Justice Court. Bail was set at $500.
• A 28-year-old Carson man was arrested in the 2200 block of Long Street at 9:02 a.m. on a contempt of court warrant. Bail was set at $811.
• A Carson man was arrested on charges of being a drunken pedestrian at Long Street and Hillside Drive at 3:25 p.m. Bail was set at $40.
• Two Carson City residents, a 45-year-old male and a 41-year-old female, were arrested at 4:42 p.m. at Long Street and Russell Way after a traffic stop. Officers arrested both on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and her on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia. He was charged as a probationer and traffic citations for speeding and not signaling a turn. Her bail totals $3,500, his $5,565.
• A 41-year-old Carson jail prisoner was charged with damage to his cell after throwing his jail issued cup and breaking the cell’s glass window pane. The charge is a gross misdemeanor. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 19-year-old Carson man was charged with battery on a police officer, obstructing and resisting and as a minor consuming alcohol. Deputies were initially called to the College Parkway apartment on a report of possible domestic battery. Total bail on the three charges was set at $2,950.
• A 50-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of first-offense DUI at 4:29 a.m. after a traffic stop because his headlights weren’t on. The arrest was made at Silver Sage Drive and Raven Circle. He also was arrested on suspicion of not using headlights and failure to maintain a single lane, along with no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $1,665.
• A 38-year-old Carson man was arrested on a contempt-of-court warrant at an address on West Ninth Street at 7:16 a.m. Bail was set at $227.
• A 32-year-old Mound House man was arrested at 1:54 p.m. on two contempt-of-court warrants issued in Carson City and one out of Douglas County. The arrest was made at an apartment in the 3000 block of Market Street. Bail was set at $4,435.
• A 28-year-old Carson man surrendered himself at the jail at 10:06 p.m. on a warrant charging contempt of court. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 49-year-old Carson woman was jailed at 9:12 p.m. on a charge of theft not amounting to robbery after allegedly taking cash from a neighbor’s wallet. After her arrest, she was also ordered held for parole and probation on a no bail warrant and on a separate warrant issued out of Carson Justice Court.
• A Carson City woman was arrested in the 100 block of Corbett Street at 10:12 p.m. on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A Carson City man was arrested during a traffic stop at 12:15 a.m. after it was discovered he had a warrant outstanding for failure to appear in traffic court. Bail was set at $260.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.