Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on felony failure-to-appear warrant
December 26, 2013
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 12:47 a.m.: A 63-year-old transient was arrested at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center on suspicion of trespassing. According to the man's arrest report, the man had been treated and released and refused to leave. Bail was set at $100.
• 2:11 a.m.: A 65-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of arrest of probationer. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy was called to a casino on a report of battery. The man reportedly smelled of alcohol and acknowledged that he'd been drinking despite having an alternative-sentencing clause barring alcohol use. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 4:04 a.m.: A 52-year-old Carson City man was arrested at State and East William streets. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy noticed him walking in the middle of the road and stopped him, then saw he was intoxicated and discovered he had a warrant. Bail was set at $645.
Recommended Stories For You
• 1:48 p.m.: A 55-year-old transient was arrested at Fairview and Lepire drives on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $287.
• 3:45 p.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1400 block of North Curry Street on four warrants. According to the woman's arrest report, a deputy identified her via her tattoos and learned about the warrants, as well as that she was listed as a missing person out of Reno. Total bail was set at $9,500.
• 8:20 p.m.: A 50-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of a probation violation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 9:31 p.m.: A 55-year-old transient was arrested at Nevada and Park streets on suspicion of no proof of insurance, expired registration and obstructing. According to the man's arrest report, a deputy had stopped him on suspicion of DUI and having an expired California registration. The man reportedly was adamant that he had 30 days to register his vehicle and that he had insurance. He reportedly refused to sign his citation; a deputy told him he would be taken to jail if he didn't sign. Total bail was set at $925.
• 9:50 a.m.: A 21-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Sheriff's Office on a failure-to-appear warrant. Bail was set at $240.
• 11:46 p.m.: Shelby Moorhead, 21, of Carson City was arrested in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on a felony failure-to-appear warrant, as well as on suspicion of violation of a suspended sentence. According to Moorhead's arrest report, a deputy was called to a home on a report of an unwanted person. No bail was set on the felony warrant.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.