Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested on suspicion of DUI, hit-and-run
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 1:06 a.m.: A 22-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at North Lompa Lane and College Parkway on suspicion of obstructing an officer, resisting, basic speeding 10-15 mph over the limit, driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance and expired registration. According to the woman’s arrest report, deputy checked her vehicle’s plate and learned her registration had been expired since June, and saw her going 53 mph in a 40 mph zone. She reportedly became agitated when the deputy told her that her vehicle would be towed because her license was suspended, and the deputy called backup and physically subdued her. Total bail was set at $1,725.
• 9:18 a.m.: Sarah Marie Knight, 22, of Gardnerville was arrested in the 2000 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony possession of dangerous drug without a prescription and petit larceny. According to Knight’s arrest report, she tried to steal three items from the C-A-L Ranch store. The arriving deputy found that Knight had three vials of an unnamed controlled substance, two vials of morphine and a vial of Lorazepam, an anti-anxiety medication. Total bail was set at $2,750.
• 7:50 p.m.: Cheryl Hamilton, 69, of Carson City was arrested at Musser and Carson streets on suspicion of DUI-second offense, failure to maintain lane and hit-and-run/property damage. According to Hamilton’s arrest report, she hit a block wall in the area, then left the scene. She reportedly told a deputy she’d had four glasses of wine and two beers before driving and showed signs of impairment during field sobriety testing. A computer check showed she’d had a DUI in 2011. Total bail was set at $3,040.
• 7:10 p.m.: Jordan Randall Burkhart, 24, of Carson City was arrested in the 3800 block of U.S. Highway 50 East on a felony failure-to-appear warrant and a parole and probation hold, as well as on suspicion of obstruction of a peace officer. According to Burkhart’s arrest report, a deputy responded to a casino on a report of several unwanted people and recognized Burkhart, who left the casino upon seeing the deputy. A dispatcher reportedly advised that Burkhart had the felony warrant, and he was arrested in the parking lot. No bail was set.
• 10:39 p.m.: A 19-year-old Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $135.
• 12:05 p.m.: A Carson City man was arrested at the Carson City Sheriff’s Office on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $187.
• 9:55 a.m.: A 28-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at the Carson City Sheriff’s Office on a failure-to-appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $635.