Carson City woman sought for alleged counterfeiting of checks
October 30, 2007
A Carson City woman is being sought by police in connection with an alleged counterfeit check ring.
Detective Bob Motamenpour said he wants to speak with Scotti Doranne Brown, 46, after the arrest of Brown’s friend Janine Nish, 47, last week.
Motamenpour said Brown allegedly provided Nish with personal information gleaned from records at a real estate office where Brown was employed.
Brown is described as 5-feet 7-inches tall with blond hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen Thursday running from the real estate office on South Carson Street, said Motamenpour.
He said she is known to frequent Reno and she had been staying at the Desert Inn Motel but was evicted last week.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed