Carson City’s Baily Pond opening Friday
March 7, 2018
Baily Pond will re-open Friday.
The pond near Fuji Park was closed in late January when bacteria was detected in the water. The bacteria was tested and found to be Iron bacteria and presents no threat to human health, according to Carson City Parks, Recreation and Open Space.
Fuji Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
For questions, call Dave Navarro, parks superintendent, at 887-2262.
Trending In: Local
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Dam at Little Washoe Lake could breach
- High salaries at Nevada boards criticized in audit