Carson man arrested for alleged felony assault on fellow inmate
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 4:17 p.m.: An 18-year-old Carson City man was arrested at Russell Way and William Street on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, minor consuming alcohol and contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,650.
• 8:58 a.m.: A 53-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 20 block of Jeanell Drive on suspicion of injury to motor vehicle and threats. Bail was set at $750.
• 12:16 p.m.: A 36-year-old Gardnerville woman was arrested at Walmart on suspicion of petit larceny, as well as on a warrant. Bail was set at $800.
• 8:40 a.m.: Donald Lee Bigpond, 30, of Carson City was arrested at the Carson City Jail on suspicion of battery by a prisoner with substantial bodily harm. Bail was set at $30,000.
• 10:33 a.m.: A 31-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1700 block of Brown Street on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 7:30 a.m.: A 39-year-old Gardnerville man was arrested at the Carson City Jail on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
• 10:46 p.m.: A 33-year-old Stockton, Calif., woman was arrested in the 3800 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of first-degree domestic battery, obstructing a police officer and battery on a police officer. Bail was set at $8,500.
• 8:15 p.m.: A 26-year-old Carson City woman was arrested in the 1400 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of violation of conditions. Bail was set at $3,000.
The Nevada Appeal only names people arrested on suspicion of felonies, violent crimes and DUIs. Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.