Carson man dies following motorcycle wreck
September 24, 2007
A motorcyclist injured last week in a wreck on Highway 395 near Mica Drive died Monday morning at a Reno hospital.
John Robert Ferguson, 53, of Carson City, was injured Wednesday when he failed to reduce his speed as he approached the intersection for a red traffic light, entered a skid, lost control and was ejected from his motorcycle about 4:20 p.m., said Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Chuck Allen.
On the day of the accident Ferguson was taken to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center and then flown to Renown Medical Center in Reno. He had remained at Renown and succumbed to injuries early Monday morning.
Alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor to the accident, said Allen.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand