Carson River committee to hear plans for planting cottonwood trees
March 18, 2012
Friends of the Urban Forest will present their organization’s purpose, and offer assistance to plant cottonwood trees on city property along the Carson River when they meet with the Carson River Advisory Committee Monday.
The committee meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
Committee members also are scheduled to:
• Discuss the Carson High School Earth Day event at the Carson River Ambrose Natural Area April 30.
• Plan and organize a workday project in September in conjunction with the Kiwanis Club.
• Provide recommendations to the Open Space Advisory Committee regarding a planned trail from the Morgan Mill Road River Access Area to the city’s open space property cottonwood gallery west of the Deer Run Road Bridge, formerly the Serpa property.
Recommended Stories For You
• Discuss the city’s acquisition of the Bently property in the Carson River Canyon in partnership with the Nevada Commission for the Reconstruction of the V&T Railway.
• Discuss the Carson river Watershed Forum held in February.
For more information, call 775-887-2262.
Other meetings this week:
• The Carson City Advisory Board to Manage Wildlife meets from 5:30-9 p.m. Monday at the Business Resource Innovation Center, 108 E. Proctor St. For more information, call 775-887-2100.
• The Carson City Shade Tree Council meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room of the community center. For more information, call 775-887-2262.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion