Carson supervisors to review grant applications
The Carson City Board of Supervisors is scheduled to take action Thursday on the Community Development Block Grant applications received, which will be incorporated into a draft action plan.
The requests for CDBG funding for fiscal year 2010-11 exceeded the amounts available in both public services and public facilities projects.
The community-based Application Review Workgroup held a public meeting with the applicants Jan. 29, and ranked the applications for recommendation to supervisors to review Thursday.
A 30-day public comment period will be from March 1-30. Supervisors will discuss, review and make any changes needed at their April 15
The rankings and recommendations assigned by the workgroup for public services projects are:
1. Ron Wood Center, Reach Up! $47,500
2. CASA, Transition items/-publicity supplies, $11,000
3. RSVP, Home Companions Respite Care Program, $7,500
4. Brewery Arts Center, Art Education Program, $0
Amount available is $66,000.
The rankings and recommendations assigned by the workgroup for public improvement projects are:
1. Partnership Carson City, building upgrade, $26,322
2.FISH, facility improvement project, $43,300
3. Carson City Public Works, Long Street ADA sidewalks, $121,378
4. Carson City Community Center, ADA upgrades, $127,000
5. Nevada Health Centers, Sierra Family Health Center, $0
6. Community Greenhouse and Garden, $0
7. Carson City Redevelopment, downtown business incubator, $0
Amount available is $318,000.
The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to http://www.car
son-city.nv.us/ to download an agenda and a complete information packet.