Carson-Tahoe helps displaced Carson City children
December 13, 2014
Front, from left: Clara Eskew, Kayleen Fogleman, Lorri Baker. Back row, from left: Mark Lisowski, Patty Hollowell, James Reyes and Leigh Alvorson volunteer to stuff duffle bags full of clothing and other household needs for displaced kids during the holidays at Carson-Tahoe Medical Center on Friday.
"Many kids are taken from their homes and placed in Foster Care for their protection without the opportunity to take anything with them." said James Reyes, Food and Nutrition Services manager. "So Carson Tahoe decided to step in and do something to help make this transition easier." CTH employees have donated hundreds of essentials to fill 200 comfort bags for these children.
Trending In: Local
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Doctor wins CNN Hero of the Year; Carson City’s Phillips honored
- Feature of S. Carson Street project to be determined
- South Carson Street, rifle range focus of meetings this week
- Fundraiser on Tuesday to help Dayton woman with cancer