Carson teen charged with embezzlement
August 27, 2005
A Carson City teenager has been jailed on embezzlement charges after a complaint by her employer.
Maria Lorena Garcia, 19, is accused of making false refunds and keeping the money for herself. She was a clerk at the Tuesday Morning Store on south Carson Street.
According to police reports, she confirmed to investigators she took a total of $1,771 from the store.
She was being held in lieu of $15,000 bail.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand