Carson Valley Trails Association wins grant
The Carson Valley Trails Association has been awarded a $40,000 grant from the Bingham Charitable Fund at the Community Foundation of Western Nevada to support the Genoa Foothill Trail System project.
In 2008, CVTA received a $396,378 Question 1 grant from the Nevada Division of State Lands to help fund required environmental assessments, land surveys and construction of the first two of three phases of the Genoa Foothill Trail System, to be located in the foothills of the Carson Range west of Genoa. Construction is expected to begin Spring, 2011.
When completed, the Genoa Foothill Trail System project will:
• Follow the Douglas County Comprehensive Trails Plan/Map
• Create public access to national forest land
• Construct non-motorized linear and loop opportunities
• Connect Carson Valley to the Lake Tahoe Basin and Tahoe Rim Trail
• Provide spectacular Carson Valley views
• Establish a portion of the greater Carson Valley Trail
• Occur simultaneously with The Nature Conservancy’s trails plan at River Fork Ranch.
The Community Foundation of Western Nevada is a collection of charitable funds to benefit the communities of Western Nevada. More information is available online at http://www.nevadafund.org