Carson woman arrested on meth counts
December 20, 2013
A 32-year-old Carson City woman was arrested Thursday on suspicion of two felony drug counts.
According to her arrest report:
Tashina Wungnema agreed to sell a confidential informant $40 worth of methamphetamine about 8 p.m. Dec. 5. The informant was given money and a recording device and met Wungnema near North Edmonds and Gordon Street. Wungnema took the money and left to get the meth, then brought it to the informant. Deputies stopped her and her driver as they drove away, arresting Wungnema on suspicion of sale of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance.
Wungnema agreed to serve as a confidential informant for the Carson City Sheriff's Office. She was released pending further investigation after she provided information about drug activity in the area.
Wungnema failed to make scheduled purchases of meth and eventually stopped communicating with the Sheriff's Office. She was arrested again at her mother's house at 8:48 p.m. Thursday on a violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant.
Total bail was set at $23,500.
Trending In: Local
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City Rifle and Pistol Range to be open Sundays only