Charges dropped in child-porn case | NevadaAppeal.com

Charges dropped in child-porn case

JIM SCRIPPS

Charges against a Carson City man arrested after a child pornography investigation and raid in April of last year were dropped Monday in justice court.

Bruce Blackburn-Elliot, 64, maintains that he was simply a roommate of David Wayne Meyers, a Carson City man who was convicted of three child pornography charges and sentenced to at least five years in prison.

Investigators arrested him for suspicion of possession of three videotapes containing child pornography.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Anne Langer said her office made a motion to dismiss the charges, but reserves the right to refile the case.

“We have to take another look at the evidence,” she said.

Blackburn-Elliot’s attorney , Ben Walker, said he stipulated to the “pseudo-dismissal” because he does not believe the case will be revisited.

“I think this case would have ultimately been dismissed,” he said. “Meyers has always said that Mr. Blackburn had nothing to do with it.”

Meyers and Blackburn-Elliot were arrested after Reno police, a Reno-based Internet provider and the Carson City Sheriff’s Department coordinated to bust a suspected Internet pornography site.

After his arrest, Meyers was charged with 11 child pornography related charges. Much of the questionable material, mostly young boys engaged in sexual acts, was found on the hard drive of Meyers’s computer.

The pictures are believed to be old, and possibly originating from Europe, Langer said.