November 29, 2014
First Baptist to present Christmas drama
First Baptist Church, 1750 N. Mountain St. at the corner of Bath and Mountain, will present "A Relative Christmas by Karen Dickson" at 10:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 14. The Christmas drama depicts the life of times of Jesus from birth to 70 A.D. through the eyes of the offspring of the peopler who were there.
St. John to offer free breakfast
St. John the Apostle Episcopal Outreach Center, 140 Pike Street, Dayton, will offer a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2.
Methodist drive-through nativity
First United Methodist Church is hosting its drive-through living nativity, which depicts 10 scenes lit by more than 800 luminaria, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 13 and 14.
Recommended Stories For You
Since 2001, First United Methodist Church has annually reenacted the night of Jesus' birth in the nativity, which occupies an entire city block.
Over the course of two nights, nearly 200 people of all ages are involved in telling the story, along with live donkeys, cows and sheep.
The entrance is at Division and King Streets, west of Carson Street. Cars can drive the road to Bethlehem and walkers can take a designated path.
Admission is free, but canned food is being collected for families in need.
For more information, go to http://www.carson1umc.org, or call 775-882-1436.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand