City committees, boads seeking volunteers |

City committees, boads seeking volunteers

staff reports

Those who have ever wanted to serve on a Carson City board, commission or committee now have an opportunity to volunteer. Positions are open on four resident advisory commissions.

— Carson City officials are asking for volunteers for a committee which will monitor the city’s first sewer and water rate study in 12 years.

Nine people from the following areas are needed for the new Utilities Advisory Committee:

One resident representing the single family rate class.

One resident representing the multi family rate class.

One resident from mobile home rate class.

One representative each from the Builders Association of Western Nevada and the Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce.

One representative of the community’s senior citizens.

One representative each from an industrial business and a commercial business within Carson City.

One person representing a public entity.

Applications are being accepted through Monday.

— The Board of Uniform Fire Code Appeals is a five-member board providing advice on issues involving the city building and fire codes. There is an opening for an engineer for a term ending in May 2002. Applicants should expect to commit five hours a month to the position. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 4.

— Two, two-year terms are open on the Carson City Airport Authority. The industrial position is for a manufacturer from the Carson City Industrial Airpark who is not a fixed base operator. The second position is for a pilot-at-large who owns and operates an aircraft based at the airport. Selected applicants will need to complete a financial disclosure statement.

— There is one opening on the Shade Tree Council. The council advises the board of supervisors on all tree-related issues in the city. Terms are two years. Applications for this position will be accepted until Feb. 15.

Volunteers to any city advisory committee should expect to donate a minimum of 10 hours a month.

Anyone interested in serving on a city board can pick up applications at 201 N. Carson St., Carson City, Nev. 89701. Applications can be faxed to 887-2067. Contact Judie Fisher or Lynne Ward at 887-2103 for information.