City seeks parks commission applicants
December 11, 2013
Carson City government seeks applications from people who would like to serve on the Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission.
The Board of Supervisors wants applicants for three spots involving terms that will end in January 2018. The commission advises the mayor and supervisors on issues involving city parks.
Applicants must be registered voters living in Carson City who can commit a minimum of 10 hours a month. The commission meets at 5:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month.
Applications are available at the Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., Suite 2, or on the city's website. They must be returned to City Hall by Jan. 10. The board is tentatively slated to interview candidates Jan. 16.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Carson City Aquatic Facility reopening on Tuesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’