Coming Sunday in the Nevada Appeal
The Sunday edition of the Nevada Appeal will contain something for almost everyone:
• Everybody loves a parade: Carson City’s Nevada Day celebration will be chronicled in words and pictures in all its glory, from the hot-air balloon kickoff, through the parade and beard contest to the rock-drilling competition.
• Pressed for business: Meet Your Merchant, in the Sunday Business section, highlights a man who runs a uniform-supply company out of his house.
• Dumping on Nevada: Opinion columnist Guy Farmer gives a thumbs-up to GOP presidential hopefuls Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and Ron Paul for opposing a move to force Nevada to accept nuclear waste at Yucca Mountain.
• Readers sound off: Sunday’s crop of letters to the editor is a rich one, with offerings that will provoke some and please others.
• Driving around town: The weekly road report details which streets and intersections to avoid next week due to construction projects and a procession, among other things.