Committee to talk about Carson River Watershed Forum
The Carson River Advisory Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center.
Members will hear status reports and announcements on the Carson River Watershed Forum, “Growing a Healthy Watershed,” to be held Tuesday, the Carson River rafting trips scheduled for May 20-21, and an Earth Day cleanup event to be held April 23.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Presentation and discussion of a study on water flow pattern changes on the Carson River.
• Discussion on the draft work plan and management of the Silver Saddle Ranch and the surrounding public lands in the Carson River area.
• Discussion regarding the Southern Nevada Public Lands Management Act, park and trail category, grant requirements ad related city steps needed for the acquisition of about 470 acres of the Bently property in the Carson River Canyon.
• Action to plan and organize a workday project in conjunction with the Kiwanis Club of Carson City’s river cleanup.
• Presentation on the Morgan Mill Road River Access Area project receiving an Elmer H. Anderson Park Excellence Award.
• Action to elect a chairperson and vice chairperson of the committee for 2011.
• Action regarding appointing two committee members to assist the Carson River Coalition’s Education Working Group and city staff in developing educational signage and/or pamphlets regarding inappropriate motorized uses in the Carson River.
Other city meetings this week:
The Carson City Airport Authority meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the community center. The agenda includes discussion and possible action:
• To interview Carson City Airport manager candidates and related matters.
• On the purchase of a tractor, including attachments.
• Regarding updated information from the FFA and status of a proposed wind turbine project.
• On a request by El Aero services to amend the Miser Port A Port.
• On items related to the airport runway and taxiway projects.