Community, area businesses raising money to help families of injured students
November 13, 2017
The community has raised more than $38,000 for the seven Carson High School and Dayton High School students injured in a rollover Thursday night.
Other events scheduled for this week:
Carson High School will host a "miracle minute" on Tuesday.
Also on Tuesday, Firehouse Subs will donate 20 percent of its net sales from the day to the victims.
On Wednesday, the Carson High-Douglas High staff basketball game has been moved to Carson High at 7 p.m. All the proceeds will benefit the families. T-shirts and bracelets will be sold.
Recommended Stories For You
On Thursday, Pizza Factory is donated 20 percent of all the sales from the day to the victims.
On Saturday, a 6 on 6 soccer tournament will take place at Carson High School. The entry fee will be $60 per team with all the proceeds to benefit the families. The games will start at 9 a.m.
On Monday, Nov. 20, Chili's Restaurant, from 4-9 p.m. will donate 15 percent of all proceeds to the families.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand