– Public meeting of the Nevada Veterans Services Commission, 9 a.m. live via video-teleconference at the State Legislature Building, 401 S. Carson St., Room 3143.
– Carson City Preservation Coalition hosts a program on “Big and Historic Trees” in the Carson City area, 7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 1201 N. Saliman. Program presented by Susan Stead, arborist from Nevada Division of Forestry. Call 267-2557.
– Bedtime Stories at 7 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane, Minden. Children may come dressed in pajamas and bring their favorite blanket or stuffed animal. Call 782-9841.
– Public forum on Yucca Mountain, 7 p.m. at Carson Valley Middle School library, 1475 Highway 395 South, Gardnerville. Hosted by Douglas County Democratic Women. Speakers include Michon Mackedon, Robert R. Loux and John E. Hadder. Call 782-5980 and 265-2547.
– ‘The Sound of Music” auditions, 7-9 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore Hotel and Casino in the Nevada Room, Crystal Bay. Call 887-5601.
– Western Nevada Development District Board of Directors meeting, 9:30 a.m. at WNDD Conference Room, 3208 Goni Road, Suite 183. Open to the public for comment.
– Carson Middle School Spring Choral and Handbell Concert, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., free. Call 283-2800.
– “Camels, HO!” a free lecture and slide presentation at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum in Carson City, presented by Bob Nylen, curator of history. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
– NARFE Chapter 2167 meets at 2 p.m. at the Douglas County Library meeting room. Call 265-6874.
– Talk on “Controlling Noxious and Nuisance Weeds,” 7-9 p.m. at Douglas High School Media Center, Minden. With UNR Cooperative Extension office water quality educator Mark O’Farrell and Douglas County Weed District coordinator Larry Hughes. Call 782-9960.
– Free seminar on “Dealing with Allergies and Asthma Naturally,” 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Douglas County Extension Office, 1329 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, with Wesley Kikuchi, CHA. Call Barbara Boeving at 265-0427.
– Louie Fontaine performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Melissa Dru performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.