Construction on Carson City streets for this week
• Curry Street between Clearview Drive and Koontz Lane will be closed for road construction until further notice beginning today at noon.
• Work continues on the southeast sewer extension, phase 7 project which will affect Valley View Drive from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Clearview Drive, Clearview Drive, from Edmonds Drive to Conte Drive, and Conte Drive from Bennett Avenue to Hudson Drive. Traffic controls will be in effect for the duration of the work that should wrap up Sept. 6.
• Work continues on the Timberline and Combs Canyon storm water drainage project which will have a limited affect on Combs Canyon Road between Ormsby Boulevard and Murphy Drive, and on Murphy Drive at its intersection with Van Patten Avenue. Traffic controls will be in effect when work is occurring in these two areas through Dec. 15.
• Due to the construction of the new Sheriff’s Administration Building, Harbin Avenue is closed to traffic between Musser and Second streets. The road will be closed for the duration of the construction, which is estimated to be completed in September 2007.
• Freeway construction continues until further notice.