Crews respond to brush fire at Carson Rifle and Pistol Range
June 19, 2018
Fire crews quickly responded to a brush fire just after 1 p.m., on Tuesday at the Carson Rifle and Pistol Range on Flint Drive, according to a post on the Carson City Fire Department's Facebook page.
The fire is near containment, the post reported at approximately 2:30 p.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Officials believe the fire burned about three acres.
The Carson Rifle and Pistol Range will be closed the remainder of the day.
On Twitter, Carson Fire Chief Sean Slamon posted about 3 p.m., "forward progress of the fire has been stopped. Currently we have 3 handcrews, 2 engines, 1 ambulance & a water tender on scene."
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand