The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 28-year-old homemaker from Carson City was arrested at 11:05 a.m. Friday in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on a misdemeanor warrant for hit and run. Bail was set at $1,000.
• A 34-year-old carpenter from Carson City was arrested at 08:09 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of East Telegraph Street on three misdemeanor warrants for failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,403.
• Daniel Contrearas, a 44-year-old transient machinist, was arrested at 11:30 a.m. Friday in the 1500 block of Sharon Drive on suspicion of gross misdemeanor unlawful taking of a motor vehicle. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 36-year-old property manager from Dayton was arrested at 8:25 a.m. Friday in the 7700 block of Highway 50 East on misdemeanor warrants for contempt and failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,677.
• Justin Snyder, a 26-year-old Carson City man of unknown employment, was arrested at 5:29 p.m. Friday in the 3400 block of North Carson Street on a felony warrant for being a fugitive from justice. Bail was set at $25,000.
• A 28-year-old server from Carson City was arrested at 10:44 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Winnie Lane on a misdemeanor warrant for arrest of probationer. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 36-year-old student from Carson City was arrested at 2:46 a.m. Saturday in the 3700 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to maintain a single lane and DUI. Bail was set at $1,239.
• Omar Segura, a 21-year-old clerk from Carson City, was arrested at 5:20 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Old Hot Springs Road on suspicion of felony probation violation. No bail was set.
• Christine Derose, a 24-year-old medical assistant from Carson City, was arrested at 2:06 a.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of Nevada Street on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $23,132.
According to police reports, the suspect allegedly head-butted her boyfriend in the mouth then “went crazy” and threw a camera and a candle at him. Next, she reportedly came at him with two kitchen knives.
The victim reported he got the knives away from the suspect only to be attacked by a barrage of DVDs. The victim allegedly restrained the suspect on the ground where she allegedly struck herself in the face with a glass vase.
According to the report, as the victim went around the room picking up the strewn DVDs, Derose allegedly hit him in the back of the head with a crescent wrench.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the incident, according to police.