The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Melanie Joy Garcia, 20, an unemployed transient, was arrested at 4:47 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of felony failure to appear on an auto theft charge and providing false identification to avoid prosecution. No bail was set.
• Keith Watrous, 34, a carpenter from Carson City, was arrested at 2:46 a.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of Ginger Drive on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment with a deadly weapon, vehicle burglary and domestic battery. Bail was set at $58,132.
• Larry Dean Miller, a 30-year-old transient, was arrested at 11:04 p.m. Wednesday at Proctor and Musser streets on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine, trafficking and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. Bail was set at $70,000.
• Amit Kataria, 21, a gas station clerk from Dayton, was arrested at 5:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and injury to motor vehicle. Kataria allegedly attacked two Carson High students with a shovel. The New Deli, India, native claimed the confrontation started when the teens “told him to leave Carson City because he was Iraqi,” according to the arrest report.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A teen driver struck a fence at the juvenile justice center at the corner of Fifth Street and Saliman Road at 3:13 p.m. Wednesday. Witnesses reported the teen was driving “recklessly,” before the accident.
• A homeowner in the 3200 block of Desatoya Drive came home Thursday morning and found the garage door broken, things stolen from the home and other items left in the back yard.
• “Graphic graffiti” was found written in black on a brick wall on the north side of Eagle Valley Middle School property Thursday morning.