The Carson City Sheriff’s Office offers the following tips to reduce your chances of becoming the victim of a vehicle burglary:
– Lock your vehicle. Roll up all windows.
– Park in a well lit area, when possible.
– Remove your keys from the vehicle.
– Remove the garage door opener from the vehicle.
– Remove valuables from the vehicle, such as money, purses, cell phones, packages. If you are unable to remove some items from the vehicle, remove them from the sight of a pedestrian passer-by by covering them or hiding them under a seat.
To report a vehicle burglary, call the Sheriff’s Office at 887-2500 or 887-2008 (Dispatch).