October 29, 2005
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 25-year-old state worker from Dayton was arrested at 2:51 a.m. Saturday in the 3000 block of Highway 50 east on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving and failure to maintain a single lane. Bail was set at $1,239.
• A 30-year-old Reno man was arrested at 12:17 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of South Carson Street on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Bail was set at $237.
• A 21-year-old factory worker from Carson City was arrested at 9:10 p.m. Friday in the 2800 block of Menlo Street on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery. Bail was set at $3,132.
• Daniel Ortiz, a transient was arrested at 9:10 p.m. Friday at a local retail store on suspicion of felony burglary by shoplifting. Ortiz allegedly tried to steal a sweater from the store before being apprehended by store security, according to the arrest report. Bail was set at $2,500.
• A 44-year-old car salesman from Santa Cruz, Calif., was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of misdemeanor violation of a temporary restraining order. Bail was set at $1,132.