Douglas County deputies investigate apparent murder-suicide
November 27, 2002
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an apparent murder-suicide in the Gardnerville Ranchos on Tuesday afternoon.
The deaths, reported at 1:35 p.m., involved a man and woman who apparently lived in the Ranchos. Their names were not released.
Based on the preliminary investigation, deputies do not believe other people are involved in the deaths.
“We wanted people to know there is not a murder suspect running around there,” said Sheriff’s Sgt. Lance Modispacher. No other information was being immediately released, he said.
The families of the dead couple have been notified, Modispacher said.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand