Douglas County slates tests for reserve deputies
August 24, 2005
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department will be testing for the position of reserve officer. Testing for this position consists of a written examination, oral board review, physical ability testing and a background investigation.
Reserve deputies work an array of details, augmenting the sheriff’s department personnel and may be assigned to assist in the jail division, patrol division or elsewhere as the need arises. Reserve officers receive the training and experience law enforcement agencies look for when hiring new officers.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
Testing dates will be Sept. 17 and Oct. 15 at 9 a.m. at the Douglas County Law Enforcement Building in Minden
Interested individuals should contact the Douglas County Human Resource office at 782-9860 to obtain an application prior to the testing date.
For information or if you have questions, call Sgt. Tom Mezzetta at 782-9931.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand