Driver arrested for fatal crash in Carson City
July 3, 2018
Omar Adan Oronia-Camacho was arrested on June 8 on suspicion of a felony bench warrant issued by the Carson City Justice Court related to the fatal crash on Jan. 6.
On Jan. 6, the Nevada Highway Patrol Multi-Disciplinary Investigation and Reconstruction Team investigated a fatal crash on South Carson Street at the intersection with Koontz Lane in Carson City.
A black 1997 Ford F-150 being driven by Oronia-Camacho failed to stop at the red light while driving northbound on South Carson Street, the investigation showed. Oronia-Camacho entered the intersection and struck the driver side of a silver 2004 Buick LeSabre which was preparing to turn left onto South Carson Street from Koontz Lane on a green traffic signal. The driver, Rosemary Stroup, died as a result of the injuries she sustained from the crash.
On June 8, Nevada Highway Patrol troopers made contact with Oronia-Camacho at his residence in Gardnerville. Oronia-Camacho was taken into custody without incident.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan