DUI checkpoint coming up, location kept secret
December 13, 2007
A DUI Checkpoint will be held Saturday from 5-11 p.m. but the location is not being revealed, an official said Thursday.
Carson City Sheriff’s Deputy Jarrod Adams said the checkpoint will focus on finding intoxicated drivers as well as unlicensed drivers, but unlike some eight previous checkpoints over the last two years, the department will not announce where it will be held.
“We are trying now to let the public know there will be a checkpoint, but we want the drunks to not know where it will be,” said Adams.
In the month of December last year, the Carson City Sheriff’s Department arrested 26 drivers for DUI in Carson City.
“This year, we hope that less people get behind the wheel intoxicated,” he said. “Remember to always have a designated driver. Please enjoy this Christmas season with your family, not in a jail cell because you got a DUI.”
All overtime for this checkpoint is paid for by the Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety.
Recommended Stories For You
Any questions regarding this checkpoint, contact Adams at 887-2020 ext. 45314 or Sgt. Mike Cullen at 887-2020 ext. 43171.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand