April 1, 2017
Tahoe-Douglas Elks 2670 held its award night — honoring Officer of the Year, Elk of the Year and the Rodney Snead Award recipient — on March 22 at Elks Lodge in Gardnerville.
Carson City Elks Lodge No. 2177 held its installation of officers March 25 to honor those who will serve until April 1 of next year. They are Exalted Ruler (Lodge President) Kent Mayer and Leading Knight Skip Reed, Loyal Knight Bruce Jurgensen, Lecturing Knight Jim Masterson (Vice Presidents). Also installed were Secretary Sabina Bye, Treasurer Karyl Summers, Esquire Al Bergstrom, Chaplain Jerry Saich, Inner Guard Karen Herbert, Tiler Shelly Clement, Trustee Wayne Willson.
In his acceptance speech, Mayer committed to the revitalizing current membership and pledged to maintain the spirit of cooperation and involvement the Lodge has enjoyed with Carson City and neighboring communities.
For information about Carson City Elk charities or membership, call 775-882-2177.
Trending In: Local
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County