Entries sought for Nevada Day Show
September 30, 2012
The Nevada Artists Association is inviting entries for the 62nd annual Nevada Day Show at Carson City’s Brewery Arts Center Gallery.
The show is open both to non-members and member artists who reside either in Northern Nevada or adjoining California counties, according to the NAA, with various media welcome.
They include paintings in oil, acrylics, pastels, water media, mixed media, an “other” category, sculptures and photography. The art must be original and have been completed in the last 24 months, but not previously shown in a judged NAA show.
There are various other criteria for entries, which may be obtained from the NAA.
Entry fees are $20 for non-members for the first entry, $10 for second and third entries and miniatures. Artwork for the show will be accepted on Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The show runs from Oct. 22 through Dec. 7. A reception for artists will be held at the gallery, 449 W. King St., from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments