Faith & Insight: Finding the joy of life through Jesus
April 28, 2017
The disciples are gathered together. They're distraught over the crucifixion of Jesus. They're afraid of the authorities for they can be identified as followers of Jesus. They're in a locked room.
The women, Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James and the other women who had gone to the tomb told the disciples the stone had been rolled away and the tomb was empty; an angel told them Jesus had risen.
Jesus appears to the disciples in the room where they were hiding. He says to them, "Peace be with you."
At first they're uncertain, but then they're filled with joy.
When we allow Jesus to come into our lives, we're at first uncertain and the "peace" that comes with his presence fills our troubled lives and we find, once again, the joy of life.
Peace be with you.
Recommended Stories For You
Bill McCord is a retired United Methodist minister.
Trending In: Local
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- Businesses worry about disruption during Curry Street project
- Surveillance cameras help law enforcement
- Carson City health inspections for March 16