Fallon woman killed on Highway 50 East
December 17, 2006
A two-car accident early Sunday morning left a Fallon woman dead and sent a Lyon County Sheriff’s deputy to the hospital.
The accident occurred at 4:15 a.m. on Highway 50 East at Mile Marker 27. Lolita Smith, 54, of Fallon, was traveling westbound when she lost control of her vehicle. The car began to rotate counter-clockwise and crossed into the eastbound travel lane.
The car collided with a patrol car driven by Deputy Brian Wilson, 30, who was responding to a call in the Silver Springs area. The front of the patrol vehicle struck the right side of the car.
Smith was pronounced dead at the scene, and Wilson was transported to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released.
It is unknown whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
Trending In: Local
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Doctor wins CNN Hero of the Year; Carson City’s Phillips honored
- South Carson Street, rifle range focus of meetings this week
- Fundraiser on Tuesday to help Dayton woman with cancer
- Feature of S. Carson Street project to be determined