Fernley man dies after being ejected in crash
August 21, 2012
A Fernley man died Sunday after being ejected from the car he was driving on Farm District Road in Lyon County.
Jason La France, 35, was driving on Farm District Road, also known as State Route 828, when he appears to have “failed to negotiate a right hand curve,” according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
Troopers and emergency personnel were dispatched at 1:44 p.m.
The black 1995 BMW went off the roadway edge and hit a large cottonwood tree. The car rolled onto its top in a dry irrigation canal after La France had been ejected.
“It appears Mr. La France was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle,” according to NHP.
Trooper Doug Hildebrand is investigating the accident. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact him at 689-4623, or by email at email@example.com for case number NHP-120819998.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments