Final boarding call for Carson City’s V&T Polar Express
November 18, 2014
Tickets still remain for the family favorite trip to the North Pole aboard the 2014 Polar Express train to be held Nov. 20 to Dec. 22.
Select coach seats aboard the all-ages holiday are available. Because of the demand, more trips and passenger cars have been added to the month-long event, which has consistently sold out since debuting four years ago and is expected to draw record numbers again this holiday season. Last year more than 16,000 passengers rode the train.
Remaining tickets are available on the following trains departing to the North Pole: Thursday, Nov. 20, 8 p.m.; Friday, Nov. 21, 8 p.m.; Sundays, Nov. 23 and Nov. 30, 8 p.m.; Thursdays, Dec. 4 and Dec. 11, 8 p.m.
Coach tickets are $42 for adults and $32 for children. The Polar ExpressTrain Ride departs Thursday (except Thanksgiving), Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 5, 6:30 and 8 p.m. Arrival at the station 30 minutes prior to departure is recommended.
The V&T's engine and holiday decorated passenger cars leave the Carson City Eastgate Depot (seven miles east of downtown Carson City) and travel nearly two miles before stopping at Santa's North Pole retreat. The depot features heating tents and visits with Santa Claus where riders can take photos and shop for holiday souvenirs.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit