Financial donations being accepted for Reno fire victims
July 31, 2018
The American Red Cross is accepting financial donations for victims of the Perry fire north of Reno.
Unfortunately, collecting and sending food, clothing and other household items often does more harm than good. It takes time and money to store, sort, clean and distribute donated items, which diverts limited time and resources away from helping those most affected.
Instead, the best way to support disaster victims is with a financial donation, the Red Cross said in a release. Those who wish to donate to the Perry fire may do so at redcross.org/donate.
You can help people affected by disasters like flooding and countless other crises by making a donation to support Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to, and help people recover from disasters big and small.
Call, click, or text to give: visit redcross.org, call 1-800 RED CROSS or text "RED CROSS" to 91999 to make a $10 donation to your local Red Cross region. Alternately, you can visit or send a donation to the Chapter headquarters in Reno at 4750 Longley Lane, Suite 101. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests