Fire leaves two Carson City residents homeless
December 6, 2007
A stove inadvertently left on most likely caused a fire Thursday morning that burned the kitchen and attic of a home on Peters Street, according to fire officials.
Batallion Chief Vince Pirozzi said the two people who lived in the house were not home when the blaze ignited at 8:32 a.m.
However, he said, they told him they’d spent much of the day before cooking for a large party.
“It looks like they may have left it on and the stove overheated,” Pirozzi said.
The fire was contained at 8:48 a.m.
No one was injured and the two are staying with friends, he said.
Recommended Stories For You
He estimated the damage to be around $20,000.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County