Firefighters respond to Walker trailer fire
October 7, 2017
Firefighters from Mono, Alpine and Douglas counties responded to a trailer fire in Walker on Saturday morning.
The fire was reported 11:30 a.m. at the Walker RV Park, according to the California Highway Patrol web site.
Topaz Ranch Estates firefighters reported three trailers were involved. The fire was reported knocked down at 12:25 p.m.
East Fork rescuers responded to a report of a dirt biker who crashed and injured his leg in the Pine Nuts near City of Refuge at 11:10 a.m. Saturday.
The dirt biker was transported for medical treatment.
A 10-acre fire off the end of Lindsay Lane on Friday started when a four-wheel drive pickup caught fire and ignited the surrounding brush.
Recommended Stories For You
Firefighters from East Fork and other agencies responded to the fire at 4:24 p.m. Friday.
When they arrived, they found the pickup was ablaze and the fire was spreading.
The area, located in the foothills above Johnson Lane, is popular with four-wheel drive enthusiasts.
The fire was reported contained on Saturday morning.
Trending In: Local
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Carson City’s Matt Williams making return to Bay Area
- Catmandu purchases its facility
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Senator Square: Carson High School students perform well at Nevada State Thespian Festival