Fireworks available for use at Pyramid Lake this Memorial Day weekend
The Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe invites the public and their families to come out and enjoy this Memorial Day weekend at Pyramid Lake which now has fireworks available for sale and use in designated areas.
In an effort to protect the environment of Pyramid Lake and ensure that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable time, the following are reminders of some of the regulations that will be in effect.
• Campfires of up to 3 feet in height are permitted but the burning of wood pallets and trash is strictly prohibited.
• Dogs are welcome on the beach as long as they are secure and on leashes at all times.
• The use of ATVs and off-highway vehicles is prohibited.
• No glass bottles or containers are allowed on beaches.
• No dumping of trash, RV waste or gray water.
• Fireworks are only permitted at Indian Head Beach, Rawhide Beach and Blockhouse.
• Don’t drink and drive.
• Alcohol is not allowed on North Nets (Long Beach) or Marina Beach in Sutcliffe.
• Observe the “CLOSED AREAS” in Needles and Marble Bluff areas.
• Secure your campsites and coolers from wildlife.
• Be considerate of others in campsites and in the water.
• Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers; check your boat and other water equipment for invasive species.
And just in time for the Memorial Day Holiday fireworks are now available for sale and use on the Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation in designated areas.
Phantom fireworks are now available for sale exclusively at the I-80 Smokeshop in Wadsworth (1000 Smokeshop Circle off exit 43) and the Nixon Store (50 State Route at the corner of State Routes 446 and SR 447), for more information call (775) 575-2181.
Fireworks can only be purchased by customers over the age of 18 with proof of a government issued ID.
With the purchase of fireworks, customers will be issued a free fireworks permit that will allow them to shoot fireworks in designated areas on the reservation.
Designated fireworks areas include; Indian Head Beach, Rawhide Beach and Blockhouse Beach.
The use of fireworks is prohibited in all other areas on the reservation. The Tribe would like to remind visitors that fireworks are illegal in most of Nevada and the possession and use of fireworks can lead to a fine or jail time.