Fla. woman files suit over Vegas casino fire | NevadaAppeal.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fla. woman files suit over Vegas casino fire

LAS VEGAS (AP) – A hotel guest from Florida has filed a lawsuit alleging she suffered permanent injury from smoke inhalation during a spectacular January 2008 fire at the Monte Carlo resort on the Las Vegas Strip.

Lwyer Robert Cottle told the Las Vegas Review-Journal for a Monday report that Jean Bartoli was evacuated to a hotel area where she and other guests were subjected to heavy smoke during the three-alarm blaze.

Records show the civil lawsuit was filed Jan. 11 in Clark County District Court.

Bartoli is 62 and lives in Plantation, Fla.

About 6,000 guests and employees were evacuated as the blaze damaged the hotel facade. Authorities said 17 people were treated for minor injuries and smoke inhalation.

Clark County firefighters blamed the fire on a welding accident.