Food drive donations dip slightly
December 13, 2004
Collections for this year’s Share Your Holiday Food Drive-by Food Drive didn’t measure up to last year’s effort, by about 3,000.
The collection of food was off nearly 3,200 pounds, and cash donations were down $3,048.
Despite the dip, 96,689 pounds of food was collected from three collection centers during the 12-hour event and $16,334 in cash.
Collections at the Governor’s Mansion included 24,865 pounds of food and $8,639 in cash. The cash collection in Carson City was the only category to see an increase over last year’s totals. More than $8,639 was collected, compared with the 2003 total of $4,187.
Cash totals from donations at the Reno Hilton dropped from $10,396 to $3,884 and those at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden dipped to $3,810, compared to $4,800 in 2003.
Total food collections in 2003 were 99,889 pounds.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Teri’s Notebook: Dayton man to donate kidney to stranger