Four people killed in fiery Bridgeport crash
April 2, 2018
The identities of those killed in a fiery collision south of Bridgeport are being withheld pending notification by the Mono County Sheriff's Office.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a Subaru Impreza driving northbound on Highway 395 crossed the double yellow lines and collided head-on with a Chevrolet Silverado pickup pulling a fifth-wheel trailer Friday evening.
The pickup and the trailer overturned, catching fire and blocking the highway.
Two people in each vehicle were killed as a result.
"All occupants appear to have been properly restrained," the CHP reports.
The collision occurred at 5:15 p.m. Highway 395 was closed all Friday night and into Saturday morning.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City forecast: Good rain, bad timing
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests
- Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Congress changes veteran status for Guard, Reserves