Free Thanksgiving dinner set at Carson Nugget
November 26, 2013
Residents are invited to have a free Thanksgiving dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 28 in the upstairs banquet rooms at the Carson Nugget.
This is the 59th year in which the Carson Nugget has provided such a meal. This year, it is sharing expenses and efforts with Friends in Service Helping to provide more meals. Diners will be served by Carson City Mayor Robert Crowell, Sheriff Ken Furlong and Carson Nugget General Manager Star Anderson, among others.
Last year, 800 people were served a free meal, and more than 1,000 are expected this year. The fresh-cooked dinner includes turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams with marshmallow glaze, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, pies and beverages. More than 50 volunteers help prepare and serve the food.
For more information about the meal, call Tim Morrissey at 775-882-1626.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Carson City Aquatic Facility reopening on Tuesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’