Gardnerville couple celebrating 50 years of marriage
November 18, 2017
Linda and William Guthrie of Gardnerville are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Nov. 22.
The couple was married in Hawthorne on Nov. 22, 1967.
Bill and Linda have lived in Gardnerville since 1991. Linda a lifelong Nevada resident and Bill has lived in Nevada since 1966 after an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps.
Bill is a retired police officer from Las Vegas and recently worked for Paul Gilbert at the Douglas County Constables Office. Linda is a Retired State of Nevada DMV Supervisor where she supervised the Douglas County DMV.
For Linda, it was love at first glance: "When I met (William) he was still in the Marine Corps stationed in Hawthorne, Nev., and he looked so good in his Dress Blue Uniform."
The have two children, Tim (Susan) who lives in Carson City, and Sandi (Kevin) who lives in Gardnerville. They have five grandchildren: Jay, Taylor, Jacob, Jordan, Brian and Zachary.
Recommended Stories For You
The couple will be celebrating their anniversary with a small gathering of friends and family.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand