Get Fit: Nutrition Tip of the Week
Eat this, it will make you feel better.
No artificial or processed anything. Six weeks of no sugar, no white flour, rice, crackers, sugar, honey, pasta, rice cakes, Power Bars, etc. Do not consume any food that has NutraSweet, Splenda, aspartame, sucralose, monosodium glutamate or saccharin on the label.
These artificial additives will make you fat, are chemically addicting and cause depression and anxiety.
Top 10 foods for daily detox
1. Organic leafy green veggies (collard greens, kale, bok choy, broccoli, spinach, arugula, watercress)
These greens are packed with chlorophyll, which helps eliminate toxins and protect the liver.
2. Daikon: Peppery root like a large white carrot. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals to stimulate weight loss.
3. Lemon: A rich source of vitamin C, lemon helps convert toxins into water-soluble form so they are easily flushed from the system.
4. Garlic: Garlic activates liver enzymes that help filter out toxins. It stimulates circulation and contains antibacterials that help the body to cleanse efficiently.
5. Whole grains: Unprocessed grains are an excellent source of soluble fiber, which mops up toxins and strengthens digestion so you assimilate nutrients more effectively.
6. Green tea: Helps improve liver function, the perfect detox brew.
7. Broccoli sprouts: Sprouts aid the body in breaking down fats, broccoli sprouts contain the most cancer-fighting, enzyme-stimulating compounds.
8. Cabbage: A potent anti-inflammatory food.
9. Fresh fruit: High fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants.
10. Water: If you aren’t properly hydrated, all our cleansing efforts will be compromised. Eat lots of water-rich foods and drink at least eight glasses a day.
• Submitted by Jeanne Whited, personal chef and food coach and owner of The Wild Bean.