Gibbons will stay in race despite low cash stash | NevadaAppeal.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Gibbons will stay in race despite low cash stash

(AP) – A spokesman for Gov. Jim Gibbons re-election campaign says the first-term Republican will stay in the race despite low campaign contributions.

Matt Williams says while Gibbons’ $165,000 in contributions was disappointing, the governor believes there’s still time to wage a campaign for the June 8 primary. The campaign disclosure filed Tuesday shows Gibbons has already spent all but $35,000 raised last year, with most going to former campaign staff.

In contrast, former federal judge Brian Sandoval reports raising more than $900,000 since he resigned from the bench in September to seek the Republican gubernatorial nomination.

And former North Las Vegas Mayor Mike Montadon says he’s raised $303,000.

Williams says Gibbons continues fundraising efforts. And come Election Day, he says it won’t be a question of who spends the most money.